Thursday, August 19, 2010

Free Ride

I have offered rides to Soldier walking around post and have on a rare occasion been given one. My last GRAF rotation the bus shuttle that runs to the PX and to the training area stopped and gave me a ride the rest of the way. Today a taxi stopped and offered me a ride at first I declined but then the driver said for free. I jumped in and quickly assessed that I can make an escape if the driver started taking me where I didn’t want to go. I soon found out why the driver was so generous. She started handing 4 different brochures and then proceeded to give me several business cards. My thinking is she saw the rank and new that I had access to a lot of Soldiers and I would return the favor by recommending the cab service to Soldiers… I didn’t and don’t plan to. Not that I don’t appreciate the ride but they normally charge an arm and a leg for a ride that is a short distance.

1 comment: